Monday, April 2, 2012

Smitten with Britain

I'm an American gal who is smitten with Britain.  So, I had to create a blog about my interests and all.  Just to give some insight into my world, here are my top 5 Anglophile, love of British things.

1.  I studied British history in college.  My favorite period is early to mid 20th century Great Britain.  Disraeli, Churchill, Spurgeon...many incredible men lived and shaped the country and world events during this time.   

2.  I have a love affair with the Royals.  And yes, I did take a vacation day and wake up at 4 am EST to watch the Royal Wedding of Prince William to Kate Middleton in April 2011.        

3.  Brits are very humorous and have a dry wit about them.

4.  Jane Austen. I'm a girl, what can I say?

5.  British literature, film and theater are my favorite.  There are too many to list, but suffice to say, I would rather watch BBC than any American television any day.      

And in 2012, I get to go to a part of Britain...Scotland.  Here's a map of the places we plan to go to on our trip in April 2012.  

Scotland 2012 Trip Map

Stay tuned....




No comments:

Post a Comment